We have 3 weeks until we open. THREE WEEKS. It kinda sneaks up on you, doesn't it?
That being said, there are a few house-keeping notes that must be addressed:
Rehearsals
First and foremost, if you do NOT have a prior conflict listed for us, unless you are physically ill, we expect you to be at rehearsal. Plain and simple. Your not showing to rehearsal now has a domino effect. When YOU don't show, it affects everyone at rehearsal--not just YOU.
Everyone needs you to be at rehearsal. If you do not show and it is not listed as a prior conflict...
Secondly, if you have to miss rehearsal, please do not text me an hour before and tell me. And if you DON'T have a valid reason?? (See above video.) (If you don't have my number: 832-623-1757. In your text, please alert me to who you are.)
Please, please understand that we are not asking this of you for our pure, evil enjoyment. It is absolutely imperative that when we are working a scene, all cast members in that scene be in attendance. I don't care if you're "random dancing guy/girl on stage left"--YOU are important, and I need you to be there, because darn it, you WILL be the best "random dancing guy on stage left" EVER, and everyone on that stage needs to have you there to interact with you. #NOEXCUSES That being said...
REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
Expect to have to be at every rehearsal from here on out. That's MTTh and Saturday. As your director stated, there will most likely be random pickups scheduled. If the director requests a pickup and you cannot attend, please let me know IMMEDIATELY. Pickups are to work on specific scenes that the director feels need extra work. If you say you can make it, then don't show up, it basically becomes a pointless rehearsal wherein your fellow castmates took time out of their 'day off' to show up. I'll be irritated, the director will be irritated....but your fellow castmates that sat at an extra rehearsal and had to figure out how to rework/rehearse the scene without you there?? (See above video.) And Jonny....Jonny has WEAPONS. Do NOT skip out on fight choreo. It's a safety issue on so many levels. Please respect each others' time.
PROPS
Secret Garden moves out on Sunday, so for the remainder of this week/weekend, their props are still on the Garza/backstage. DO NOT TOUCH THE PROPS. Do not feel them. Do not caress them. Do not pick them up. Do not look at them. If you do...(see above video).
3M props: These are YOUR props. These props not only belong to you, but they belong to the ENTIRE cast. Take responsibility, please. If you see a random sword, that you know should not be there, pick it up and put it back where it belongs. As we go back and forth between Neverland and the Garza, I need everyone to double-check weaponry.
MOVE-IN
We're moving-in to the Garza on Sunday! Joy of joys! No more schlepping back and forth from Neverland to Garza and back! It is tradition at HFAC that we help close-out the previous show by assisting them in strike and the closing show helps us move in. That's how we roll. It's a 'hand off' of the stage, so to speak. So, reminders: No food/drink (except water) in the house. Please respect our theatre. Besides, if Lisa Garza finds out...(see above video).
LINES
EVERYONE is offbook. Period. Line notes begin on Monday.
BIOS
I've only received a few! The playbill goes into build mode on 3/1. Email them to me at stephanie.wisdom@wirestone.com
Final note
Now that the Garden closes on Sunday, I am with you all the time. I am like your woobie. You have a problem? Tell the woobie. You need something? Tell the woobie. You need a hug? I do that, too. I am exceedingly sarcastic, but I promise, I'm also extremely kind. I love people, I love this theatre, and I love stage managing. You cannot possibly over-communicate with me. Always, always call or text. I get that you have lives--oddly enough, I have one, too. Like many of you, i'm juggling a full-time job (plus, a part-time job), kids, a husband, and life. My day runs off of schedules and lists. If it's not texted or written down, it doesn't exist.
I seriously have so much respect for each and every one of you. I understand how much time this takes away from you, from your family, from your life. Thank you for being a part of this!
Let's rock and roll!
No comments:
Post a Comment